Preheat time of 12-15 minutes (+/-) 5 minutes is normal:
- Ovens with all racks in will preheat to 350°F in 12-15 minutes.
- Insert food when preheat tone sounds for best cooking results.
Factors that cause longer preheat times:
- Unused racks left in the oven will add to the preheat time. Remove any racks not being used for oven operation.
- For optimal performance, place food in the oven as soon after the signal as possible. Avoid leaving the door open for an extended period of time.
- A current model range/wall oven has a larger oven cavity than past models and will take longer to preheat.
- A hidden bake element provides a buffered heat and will take longer to preheat than an exposed bake element.
- A range/wall oven installed on lower voltage, 208V, will take longer to preheat than one installed on 240V. If you live in a building that has an elevator, the oven is installed on 208V and it will take longer for the oven to preheat. Oven performance will not be affected once the set temperature is reached.
- Low/cold room temperature will cause longer preheat times.
Pre-heat option for faster preheat (select models only):
Select ovens feature a faster preheat option that preheats the oven faster saving time and energy using all of the oven elements and a fan, the oven heats up more quickly and creates the ideal temperature for single rack baking.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
CLICK HERE for a video about why pre-heating is important.