Skip to main content
How to determine the cause of knocking and rattling sounds with your dryer
Save as PDF
Causes of knocking and rattling sounds:
- Zippers, buckles, buttons and rivets on garments as well as loose coins, paper clips, pens, or similar items may be tumbling in the dryer. Always check and clear pockets prior to washing.
- Items leaning against the dryer may also cause a knocking or rattling noises.
- Remove objects from the top of the dryer that may be causing the sound.
- Sometimes when the washer spins, it will cause the dryer cabinet to vibrate. Leave space between the washer and dryer to avoid this sound.
- If the dryer is mounted on a dryer pedestal, items in the pedestal drawer may be rattling/vibrating causing the sound.