How to reset the bottom door hinge
For your convenience, the refrigerator doors have bottom hinges with door closers. These closers allow the doors to swing fully closed with just a gentle push.
IMPORTANT: So that the closers feature will operate properly, the doors must be removed only when open to a 90° angle to the front of the cabinet. If one or both doors were not at a 90° angle when removed, the bottom door hinge must be reset.
- Lift the door from the bottom hinge pin and place it on a flat surface.
- Using a driver with a #2 square bit, remove the bottom hinge with the bushing from the cabinet.
- Insert the bottom hinge and bushing into the corresponding slot in the bottom of the door.
- Turn the hinge until the hinge base is at a 90° angle to the bottom edge of the door.
- Remove the hinge from the door. Using a driver with a #2 square bit, reattach the bottom hinge to the refrigerator cabinet.
- The hinge is now reset and prepared for the door to be replaced.
CLICK HERE to watch a video on resetting the door hinge
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page