Is the ice maker turned on?
Check to make sure the ice maker is turned "on". For instructions on turning the ice maker "on" and "off" please see reference the Use and Care Guide.
Has the ice storage bin been removed?
The ice maker will automatically shut off when the ice storage bin has been removed. If the ice storage bin was removed and not properly replaced it could cause the ice maker to not function properly. Try removing and replacing the ice storage bin.
- Remove the ice storage bin by inserting your fingers into the hole at the base of the bin and pulling the latch to release the bin from the compartment. Lift the storage bin up and pull it straight out.
- Replace the storage bin inside the ice compartment and push down to make sure it is firmly in place.
Is the control lock or dispenser lock on?
The dispenser can be turned off for easy cleaning or to avoid unintentional dispensing by small children and pets. The lock feature does not shut off power to the refrigerator, to the ice maker, or to the dispenser light. It simply deactivates the dispenser controls and pad.
Is the correct saddle valve installed?
- Having the incorrect saddle valve installed can lead to the issues like low water pressure.
- A low volume of water flow will cause small, hollow ice cubes or decreased amount of water dispensed. Be sure to use a ¼" type valve that requires a drilled hole.
- It is not recommended to use a self piercing type or a 3/16" saddle valve, both of which clog easily.
Is the water line connected to a water supply and turned on?
Make sure the water supply is properly connected to a cold water supply and the water shutoff valve is fully opened.
Check to make sure there are no kinks in the water supply line. A kink in the line can reduce water flow. Straighten the water source line to restore adequate water flow and pressure. To help reduce the chances of a pinched water line, do not push the refrigerator too far back against the wall or cabinet.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-866-698-2538 or click below to schedule an appointment.