Adding a large amount of food warms the freezer. It can take several hours for the freezer temperature to stabilize after adding large quantities of unfrozen food.
REMINDER: Before the first use, allow the freezer to cool 6 to 8 hours before filling with frozen food. Let the freezer cool overnight before adding large amounts of unfrozen food. Do not add more than 2 to 3 pounds (0.907 to 1.360 kg) of unfrozen food per cubic foot of freezer space.
The mid-setting should be correct for normal usage, and is designed to maintain the temperature at or near 0°F (-17.8°C) under normal operating conditions. Setting the controls to a colder setting could cause the freezer to run longer or more than needed.
- If you need to adjust the temperature, wait at least 24 hours between adjustments and then recheck the temperature.
- To make the freezer colder, adjust the control to the next higher setting. To make the freezer less cold, adjust the control to the next lower setting.
Is the room temperature hotter than normal?
The motor will run longer under warm conditions. At normal room temperatures, your motor will run about 40% to 80% of the time. Under warmer conditions, expect it to run even more of the time.
Has the door or lid been open for a long period of time?
- Keeping the door or lid open for a long period of time will warm potentially, causing the motor to run more than normal.
- Close the door or lid as soon as possible after the food is removed.
Is there anything preventing the door or lid from closing?
- Check to make sure food packages are not preventing the door or lid from closing properly. Rearrange containers so that they fit more tightly and take up less space.
- If your freezer was recently installed, make sure all packaging has been removed. Some packaging used to avoid damage during shipping could keep the door from opening and closing properly. Remove any material, items, or debris form the door or lid area
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-866-698-2538 or click below to schedule an appointment.