Is the oven currently in use or has a cycle recently completed?
It is normal for all wall ovens to have an automatic cooling fan that runs when the oven is in use and/or after a cycle completes.
The automatic cooling fan does the following:
- Helps to cool the enclosed oven cavity and the electronic controls when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
- Keeps the electronic controls cool during every oven function such as BAKE, BROIL or CLEAN.
Normal Cooling Fan Operations:
- For the automatic cooling fan to run when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
- To hear the automatic cooling fan move air when the oven is in use and/or cycle completes.
Note: In many wall ovens, if the oven door is left open to cool the oven, the cooling fan will not shut off.
- To make a rubbing/metal-on metal noise when operating.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-866-698-2538 or click below to schedule an appointment.