My Whirlpool Cooktop is Displaying an Error code
If there is an error code displayed:
NOTE: The Error Code may display in F#, F# E# format, or E# F# format.
- For more detailed information on an Error Code visit the Troubleshooting Section for the product.
There may be a problem with the product that can be solved by turning the power off and on.
- Power the unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) or fuse(s) for one (1) minute and then power the unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s) or fuses(s)
- Monitor the the product for one (1) minute to ensure the error code does not return
LOC, Lock, Locked, a padlock icon, or the cooktop icon is displayed in the control:
To Lock/Unlock cooktop:
- Before using, turn all controls to off. Press and hold the "Top" or "Loc" keypad for five seconds. A single tone will sound, and "Loc On" and a cooktop icon will appear on the display. After five seconds, the clock display will reappear.
- Repeat steps above to unlock cooktop. "Loc Off" will appear on the display for five seconds, and the picture of the cooktop will disappear from the display.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.