Cleaning Burners and Burner Ports - Gas Cooktop
Cleaning the burners and ports:
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the cooktop is cool. Do not use oven cleaners, bleach or rust removers.
- Remove the burner cap and burner base, clean following instructions below.
- Clean with a nonabrasive plastic scrubbing pad and mildly abrasive cleaner. Clean as soon as cooktop, grates and caps are cool.
- Do not clean burner caps in the oven during a Self-Cleaning cycle.
- Do not wash burner caps in the dishwasher.
- Remove the burner base and clean the gas tube opening under the base.
- Gently clean the igniter with a damp cloth.
- Clean clogged burner ports with a straight pin, needle, or small-gauge wire as shown.
- Do not use a wooden toothpick, it can break off and prevent proper gas flow.
- Do not clean in the dishwasher.
- Do not enlarge or distort the port.
- Reinstall the burner base and cap; make sure the alignment pins are properly adjusted with the burner cap and the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base. The burner cap should fit flush with the burner base and have very little side to side movement.
- Turn on the burner. If the burner does not light, check cap alignment and if the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.