How to Clean Ceramic Cooktop- Induction Cooktop
- Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the cooktop is cool.
- Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- Soap, water and a soft cloth or sponge are suggested first unless otherwise noted.
- Do not use a steam cleaner.
- To avoid damage to the cooktop, do not use steel wool, abrasive powder cleansers, chlorine bleach, rust remover or ammonia.
- For best results, turn on key lock option to prevent the control panel from turning on while cleaning.
Burned on soil can be removed from the ceramic glass cooktop surface by following 3 steps:
Step 1: Remove food/residue with a scraper designed for ceramic glass cooktops.
For best results, use the Cooktop Scraper while the cooktop is still warm, but not hot to the touch. It is recommended to wear an oven mitt while scraping the warm cooktop.
Hold the Cooktop Scraper at approximately a 45° angle against the glass surface and scrape the residue. It will be necessary to apply pressure in order to remove the residue.
- Allow the cooktop to cool down before proceeding to Step 2.
Step 2: Apply a few dime-sized drops of affresh® cooktop cleaner / ceramic glass cooktop cleaner to the affected areas.
Rub the affresh® cooktop cleaner onto the cooktop surface with the blue cooktop cleaning pad. Reasonable pressure is needed to remove stubborn stains.
Allow the cleaner to dry to a white haze before proceeding to Step 3.
Step 3: Polish with a clean, dry cloth or a clean, dry paper towel.
Repeat the Steps 1 – 3 as necessary for stubborn or burned-on stains.
- During the cleaning process, if the key lock is not activated, some keys may turn on. Activate the key lock function to avoid this.
- Do not place any objects on the control panel at any time.
CLICK HERE for a video on cleaning ceramic glass cooktops.
Cleans even where you can't see
affresh® cleans deep inside your appliances reaching components such as the tub, racks, pump, valves, drain, and recirculation hoses.
Cleaners are available at many retailers or can be purchased here.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-866-698-2538 or click below to schedule an appointment.