Cleaning the Drain Pump Filter/Draining Residual Water on your Whirlpool All-in-One Washer and Dryer
NOTE: Perform the following procedure every 6 months.
- Open the drain pump filter access door at the bottom right corner at the front of the washer/dryer.
- Place a broad, flat pan beneath the drain pump filter to collect the drain water. Pull out the black hose, remove the plug, and drain the hose into the pan. Empty the pan. Replace the drain hose plug and put the hose back into place. Repeat this procedure if necessary until all the water has drained. Make sure that the black hose is completely dry.
- Lay a cotton cloth beneath the drain pump filter to absorb any water still in it. Then remove the drain pump filter by turning it counterclockwise.
- Remove large clumps of lint by hand from the filter and place lint in a suitable waste container. Remove remaining residue from the filter by rinsing with water.
- Reinsert the drain pump filter by turning it clockwise. Make sure to turn it in as far as it will go, with the filter handle left in a vertical position.