Was the Dryer Used for First Time?
A new electric heating element in an electric dryer may have an odor. The odor will be gone after the first couple of cycles.
Recent Painting, Staining or Varnishing Where Dryer is Located?
Ventilate the area where the dryer is located if it has recently been painted, stained or varnished.
When odors or fumes are gone from the area, rewash and dry the load. The odor is on the load because the dryer pulls in surrounding room air to dry the load. To avoid this, do not run the dryer while painting, varnishing or refinishing near the dryer.
To clean the dryer drum:
- Make a paste with powdered laundry detergent and very warm water.
- Apply the paste to a soft cloth or apply a liquid, nonflammable household cleaner to the stained area.
- Rub with the soft cloth until all excess dye and stains are removed.
- Thoroughly wipe drum with a damp cloth.
- Tumble a load of clean cloths or towels to dry the drum.
NOTE: This same cleaning process can be used for cleaning stains from the dryer drum.
Were damp clothes left in washer or dryer?
A wet load left in the washer or dryer for a long time will begin to grow mildew, which can result in odors. Rewash and dry the load to remove the odors. Promptly remove loads from the washer at the end of the wash cycle to avoid odors.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.