Whirlpool Dryer has an Odor
Have you recently done painting, staining, or varnishing where the dryer is located?
Ventilate the area where the dryer is located if it has recently been painted, stained, or varnished.
When odors or fumes are gone from the area, re-wash and dry the load. The odor is on the load because the dryer pulls in the surrounding room air to dry the load. To avoid this, do not run the dryer near the dryer while painting, varnishing, or refinishing.
To clean the dryer drum:
- Make a paste with powdered laundry detergent and very warm water.
- Apply the paste to a soft cloth or apply a liquid, nonflammable household cleaner..
- Rub with the soft cloth until all excess dye and stains are removed.
- Thoroughly wipe the drum with a damp cloth.
- Tumble a load of clean cloths or towels to dry the drum.
NOTE: This same cleaning process can be used to clean stains from the dryer drum.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.