How to Use Auto Dry or Timed Dry on a Whirlpool HybridCare Electric Dryer
Auto dry cycle
- Use Automatic Cycles for better fabric care and energy savings
- The dryer senses moisture in the load or air temperature and shuts off when the load reaches the selected dryness level.
- Use the NORMAL dryness level to provide optimal energy savings.
Some Auto Dry cycles have the Wrinkle Shield™ feature (on some models), which will periodically tumble the load at the end of the cycle to keep wrinkles from setting. The occasional tumbling will continue for 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the model.
Timed dry cycle
- With Timed Dry, selecting the longest drying time may be over drying your loads and contributing to wrinkling. The dryer runs the amount of time set. Use Automatic Dry for best drying results. Use Timed Dry for the occasional damp load that needs a little more drying time.
- The Wrinkle Shield™ feature (on some models) is not available on Timed Dry cycles. If you are wanting to use the Wrinkle Shield™ feature, choose an automatic cycle.
See your Owner's Manual for further information on using Wrinkle Shield™.
Adjust drying time on Timed Dry Cycles
When you select a Timed Dry Cycle, the time appears in the display. Use + and – to increase or decrease the time in 1-minute increments. Touch and hold to change the time in 5-minute increments. Additional time may be added, but the maximum dry time displayed is 1:40.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.