Door Pops/Open During Use - Dryer
Is your dryer leveled correctly?
Level the dryer. All four dryer feet should be in firm contact with the floor. See the Installation Instructions for more details.
Is the dryer overloaded?
Follow these steps for best results:
- Place laundry in the dryer.
- Do not tightly pack the dryer.
- Clothes should be able to move freely.
For best results, follow the wet load size recommendations noted for each cycle on the cycle guide in manuals, select manuals only.
Is the door latched correctly?
- Your dryer door may not be fully closed. It may look shut, but may not be latched.
- Push on the door to engage the latch or latches.
- Some models have an upper and lower latch. Both latches must be secure for the dryer to run.
Is there anything blocking the latch?
Ensure the door latch is not blocked. Below are some everyday items that may prevent the dryer from latching:
- Packing and/or shipping material
- Item or clothing
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.