Dye Transfer in the Whirlpool Dryer Drum
Is there blue or gray stains on the inside of the drum?
Garments which contain dyes, such as denim blue jeans or brightly colored cotton items, may discolor the dryer interior. The stains will not transfer to future loads of clothes. To reduce dye transfer, dry fabrics with dyes inside out.
To clean the dryer drum:
- Make a paste with powdered laundry detergent and very warm water.
- Apply the paste to a soft cloth or apply a liquid, nonflammable household cleaner to the stained area.
- Rub with the soft cloth until all excess dye and stains are removed.
- Thoroughly wipe drum with a damp cloth.
- Tumble a load of clean clothes or towels to dry the drum.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.