Winter storage care
To avoid damage, install and store washer where it will not freeze. Because some water may stay in the hoses, freezing can damage the washer. If storing or moving during freezing weather, winterize your washer.
To winterize washer:
1. Shut off the water faucet; disconnect and drain water inlet hose.
2. Put 1 qt. (1 L) of R.V.-type antifreeze in basket and run washer on RINSE & SPIN cycle for about 30 seconds to mix antifreeze and remaining water.
3. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
Reinstalling and using washer again:
To reinstall washer after non-use, vacation, winter storage or moving:
1. Refer to Installation Instructions to locate, level, and connect washer.
2. Before using again, run washer through the following recommended procedure:
- Flush water pipes and hose. Reconnect water inlet hose. Turn on the water faucet.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Run washer through Bulky/Sheets and Deep Water Wash cycle to clean washer and remove antifreeze, if used. Use only HE High Efficiency detergent. Use half the manufacturer’s recommended amount for a medium-size load
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?