Using Single Dose Laundry Packets in a Washer
Using Single Dose Laundry Packets in my Whirlpool Washer
Examples of Single Dose Laundry Packets:
- Proctor & Gamble Tide® Pods™
- ARM & HAMMER® Toss 'N Done™ Power Paks
- all® mighty pacs™
- Purex® UltraPacks™
- Cot'n Wash dropps® laundry detergent and dropps® fabric softener pacs
Single Dose Laundry Packets are:
- A low sudsing HE detergent
- Deliver great cleaning
- Can prevent detergent overdose / oversudsing
- Are an easy, quick-to-use detergent
How to Use the Packets:
- Follow all Manufacturer's instructions listed on the packaging
- Place packets in the drum or basket of ALL washers, BEFORE adding clothes
- DO NOT place in corner dispensers or drawer dispensers
- Use only 1 packet for most loads
- Do not cut, tear, or open packets; they are designed to dissolve in water
- Handle packets with dry hands (any moisture will cause the packets to start dissolving)
- Seal bag or box completely after use
- Keep out of reach of children
Concerns if not used as directed:
- Packets may not dissolve if placed in the washer dispenser
- If packets are placed in dispensers of either HE top-load or HE front-load, the dispensers may clog and cause an overflow
- Packet coating may not dissolve in a gentle or a hand-wash cycle; Stronger agitation is needed
- Packets can get caught in the bellows in HE front-load if not put in the back of the drum, and may not dissolve properly
- If packet does not dissolve completely and clothes are dried in a dryer, residue not rinsed out of fabrics may cause permanent staining.
(Pictures of undissolved Packets in clothes, and then in the bellows of a front load washer)
As with all cleaning products, keep laundry packets out of reach of children.
Please contact the detergent packet manufacturer for more information
If you have questions specifically about the packets, contact the packet manufacturer of that brand.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.