Why is it important to level the refrigerator?
A refrigerator that is not leveled correctly and/or does not have the doors adequately aligned could have some of the following concerns:
- Doors unable to close or seal properly
- Frost build-up or moisture problems
- Temperature fluctuation
- Unable to adequately aligned the doors
- Door switch unable to actuate correctly
Is the floor under the refrigerator level?
Check to make sure the floor under the refrigerator is level. If the floor is not level, shims may need to be used to level the refrigerator properly.
Is the refrigerator level?
A properly leveled refrigerator will help with the overall proper operation of the refrigerator. Please refer to your Owner's Manual or Installation Instructions for specific leveling information for your refrigerator.
- Using your hand, rotate the brake feet.
- Turn them counterclockwise till the rollers are off the floor.
Tips for leveling the refrigerator:
- Use a level to make sure the refrigerator is level from side to side and front to back.
- Check to make sure the floor under the refrigerator is also level; if the floor is not level, shims may need to be used.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.