How to Install the Drain Hose for Whirlpool Ice Maker
- If the drain hose becomes twisted and water cannot drain, your ice maker will not work or may produce small batches of ice.
- The drain pump is designed to pump water to a maximum height of 10 ft (3 m).
- Use only Whirlpool approved drain pump kit Part Number 1901A.
- Do not connect the outlet end of the drain tube to a closed pipe system to keep drain water from backing up into the ice maker.
- It is recommended that only a corrugated drain hose be used.
Is the correct drain hose installed?
- Verify the correct drain hose has been installed on the Ice Maker.
- If the correct drain hose is not used it could cause the ice maker to not drain properly, which may cause the ice maker to turn off.
- A 10 ft. corrugated drain hose, must be used when installing the optional drain pump accessory kit.
NOTE: Service technicians cannot repair plumbing problems outside of the ice maker. Call a licensed, qualified plumber.
This accessory is available for purchase. Locate the accessories page in the menu above.