Installing the Drain Hose
How to Install the Drain Hose for Whirlpool Ice Maker
- If the drain hose becomes twisted and water cannot drain, your ice maker will not work or may produce small batches of ice.
- The drain pump is designed to pump water to a maximum height of 10 ft (3 m).
- Use only Whirlpool approved drain pump kit Part Number 1901A.
- Do not connect the outlet end of the drain tube to a closed pipe system to keep drain water from backing up into the ice maker.
- It is recommended that only a corrugated drain hose be used.
Is the correct drain hose installed?
- Verify the correct drain hose has been installed on the Ice Maker.
- If the correct drain hose is not used it could cause the ice maker to not drain properly, which may cause the ice maker to turn off.
- A 10 ft. corrugated drain hose, must be used when installing the optional drain pump accessory kit.
NOTE: Service technicians cannot repair plumbing problems outside of the ice maker. Call a licensed, qualified plumber.
This accessory is available for purchase. Locate the accessories page in the menu above.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.