Has the door or lid been open for a long period of time?
- Keeping the door or lid open for a long period of time will allow excess moisture into the Freezer, potentially creating frost.
- Close the door or lid as soon as possible after the food is removed.
- Be aware the freezer will warm when the lid is open for a long period of time.
Is the door or lid opened often?
- Be aware that this will allow excess moisture into the freezer, potentially creating frost.
- Try to get everything you need out of the freezer at once, keep food organized so it is easy to find, and close the lid as soon as the food is removed.
- Be aware the freezer will warm when the lid is opened often
Does the freezer need to be defrosted?
Most freezers need to be manually defrosted and are not equipped with an automatic defrost cycle. Below are some recommendations on when to defrost the freezer. See your "User and Care Guide" to see if your freezer needs to manually defrosted or is a frost-free freezer.
- Defrost and clean your freezer when frost has built up to about 1/4” (6mm) thickness.
- Complete defrosting and cleaning should be done at least once a year.
- In high humidity areas, a freezer may need more frequent defrosting and cleaning.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to defrost your freezer.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-866-698-2538 or click below to schedule an appointment.