Is the light bulb loose in the socket?
Check to see if the light bulb is loose, tighten if needed.
Has the light bulb burned out?
If the bulb needs to be replaced, be sure to replace with an appliance bulb of same size, shape and wattage (no greater than 40 watts). Not all appliance bulbs will fit your freezer. For instructions on how to Change the Light Bulb, for your specific model see your Use and Care Guide.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
This accessory is available for purchase. Locate the accessories page in the menu above.
Is the power supply connected correctly?
Make sure the power cord is plugged into a 3 prong outlet. A 115 Volt, 60 Hz., AC only 15- or 20-amp fused, grounded electrical supply is required.
- It is recommended that a separate circuit serving only your refrigerator is provided.
- Use an outlet that cannot be turned off by a switch.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Check the outlet. If you are unaware if it's working, plug in a household lamp, or other small appliance to verify that the outlet is working.
Has the circuit breaker or household fuse blown or popped?
- Check to see if a household circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) outlet has tripped. If so, reset the circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt.
- If the refrigerator is on a fuse box, check to see if a fuse has blown and replace it, if necessary. If the problem continues, call an electrician.
(Example of GFCI outlet)
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-866-698-2538 or click below to schedule an appointment.