Is the oven bottom lined with aluminum foil or an oven bottom liner?
- Do not cover the oven bottom with aluminum foil or an oven bottom liner. This can block air or gas flow to the burner.
Is a utensil in the storage drawer(if so equipped) causing a problem?
- Remove all utensils from the storage drawer and test oven operation.
Is the control panel locked or in demo mode (on some models)?
Some ovens may be equipped with a control lock feature. Look for "Control Lock" on the oven control console and then reset by typically holding the button(s) for 3 seconds. To locate the control lock feature for your particular model, refer to the Use and Care Guide.
Some ovens may also be equipped with a demo mode feature. When demo mode is enabled, the oven will not operate and the control will display a short presentation highlighting the features of the range. Refer to the Use and Care Guide to learn more about enabling and disabling the demo mode feature.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Is the gas pressure regulator shut-off valve in the "ON" position?
Gas ranges have a shut-off valve located on the pressure regulator.
- The shut-off valve may have been turned to the "OFF" position during handling, transportation, or installation.
- When the shut-off valve is in the "ON" position, gas can flow to both the cooktop and the oven. When the shut-off valve is on the "OFF" position, gas will flow to the cooktop burners but will not provide a gas supply to the oven.
- This is different from the main gas supply line coming from the home gas supply.
Gas shut off valve: or, on back of range
CLICK HERE for more information on the Regulator Shut-Off Valve.
Is the unit power cord connected to a grounded, operational outlet?
Correct operation of surface burner and oven ignitors is dependent on the unit having a good ground path for the spark to travel to.
- Verify the power cord is connected to a 120 Volt AC, grounded, operational outlet.
- Do not connect power cord with two(2) prong adapter or extension cord.
- If you are unsure the outlet is grounded, operational, and is easily accessible, connect a known operating small appliance with similar power cord to the outlet to verify the outlet is operational.
- If power supply is not correct, or if you are unsure, contact a qualified electrician.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-866-698-2538 or click below to schedule an appointment.