Why Won't the QR Code Read or Scan on Whirlpool Connected Appliance
What is a QR Code?
A QR Code is a machine-readable code consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing URLs or other information that can be read by a smartphone or tablet camera. The Whirlpool mobile app can scan the QR Code on your SAID label to determine your SAID number. CLICK HERE to locate SAID number. By scanning the code with the scan to connect technology, users can easily connect and register their Whirlpool appliance to the mobile app.
NOTE: Not all appliances are compatible with the Scan to Connect feature. For specific information on your model, please see the Owner's Manual
Is your camera-enabled?
Some Smartphones or Tablets must have their camera-enabled to capture QR codes. See your Smart Devices user guide for more information on these types of settings
Are you scanning the correct QR code?
There could be multiple bar codes located on your appliance. Ensure you are scanning the QR code located next to the SAID number
Tips for quickly capturing the QR code:
- Hold your Smartphone or Tablet steady while it reads the QR code. It may take a few moments for your device to focus and capture the information
- Aim your Smartphone or Tablet right at the QR code. Try to avoid capturing the image at an angle
- Use the flashlight on your mobile phone to provide additional light if needed
- Avoid trying to capture the QR code in direct sunlight
- Slowly move the device toward the QR code until the smart device captures the SAID code
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.