Burner Not Lighting - Gas Cooktop
Are the burner ports clogged?
Clean clogged burner ports with a straight pin, needle, or small-gauge wire as shown.
- Do not use a wooden toothpick; it can break off and prevent proper gas flow.
- Do not clean in the dishwasher.
- Do not enlarge or distort the port.
Is the burner base & burner cap positioned properly?
The cap must be properly seated on the burner base to light and perform properly. Check the following
- Correct burner cap is on the correct burner base. The burner base and the underside of the burner cap may have a mark indicating which burner cap and burner base match, as shown below.
- Burner cap is centered and aligned. The burner cap should fit flush with the burner base and have minimal side-to-side movement.
- Burner and burner cap is clean. A clean burner cap, especially the bottom of the cap, will help avoid poor ignition and uneven flames. Always clean the burner cap after a spillover and routinely remove and clean the caps.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.