How to Clean the Lint Screen and Filter on your Whirlpool HybridCare™ Dryer
Every load cleaning:
The lint screen is located in the door opening of the dryer. A screen blocked by lint can increase drying time.
- Pull the lint screen straight up. Roll lint off the screen with your fingers. Do not rinse or wash the screen to remove lint. Wet lint is hard to remove.
- Push the lint screen firmly back into place.
IMPORTANT: Do not run the dryer with the lint screen loose, damaged, blocked, or missing. Doing so can cause overheating and damage to both the dryer and fabrics.
Clean HybridCare™ filter every 5 loads
Cleaning the lint cartridge and filter (located at the bottom front of the dryer):
- Open the bottom filter flap. Lift the handle up and pull out the filter. Set filter on the dryer, and pull out the lint screen and foam pad located at the back of the filter. Remove lint off the screen and foam pad with your fingers.
NOTE: If lint still remains on the screen and foam pad, then wet both sides with hot water. If necessary, wet a nylon brush with hot water and liquid detergent. Scrub the lint screen with the brush to remove residue buildup. Rinse the screen and foam pad with hot water.
- Clean the filter housing and mesh inside with a damp cloth, household vacuum cleaner, or soft brush. Clean the screen at the back of the filter cabinet once a month.
- Put lint screen and foam pad back into the filter and put the filter back in the dryer cabinet. The dryer will not operate without filter, and make sure the handle is downward to lock in place. LF will display if not properly seated.
IMPORTANT: Do not run the dryer with the filter loose, damaged, blocked, or missing. Doing so can cause overheating and damage to both the dryer and fabrics.
As needed cleaning
To wash lint screen:
- Roll lint off the screen with your fingers.
- Wet both sides of the lint screen with hot water.
- Wet a nylon brush with hot water and liquid detergent. Scrub the lint screen with the brush to remove residue buildup.
- Rinse the screen with hot water.
- Thoroughly dry the lint screen with a clean towel. Reinstall screen in dryer or lint filter.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.