Was the correct amount of detergent used (if using powder or gel detergent)?
- Use fresh dishwasher detergents only.
- Never use less than 1 tablespoon per load.
- Heavy soil and/or hard water generally require extra detergent.
- Store detergent in a cool, dry area.
- If using detergent pacs or pods, use only 1 pac per load. Follow manufacturers instructions for pac use.
Is the detergent old (if using powder detergent)?
Older detergent exposed to air will clump and not dissolve well.
Is the detergent caked in the dispenser?
Use fresh detergent only. Clean out the dispenser. Do not allow the detergent to sit for several hours in a wet dispenser. Clean the dispenser when caked detergent is present.