How to Set and Cancel a Delay Start on Your Whirlpool Dishwasher
Is the dishwasher set for a delay start?
If the dishwasher is set for a delay start and the door is unlatched, the cycle-selected indicator lights will continuously flash and the delay countdown will stop until you latch the door.
The Delay start option will run the dishwasher at a later time or during off-peak hours. You can add items to the load anytime during the delay countdown. After adding items, firmly close the door until it latches. The delay countdown will not continue if the door is not latched.
Why run a delay start at all?
- Utility company's off peak rates to conserve your energy costs
- Run the dishwasher after hours of the family being in the kitchen.
To set a delayed start:
- Select the appropriate cycle and options for the load. Close the door.
- Press the Delay pad until the desired amount of delay time is indicated.
- The delay indicator and the countdown display (on select models) will flash until the Start/Resume pad is pressed.
- As soon as the Start/Resume pad is pressed, the flashing will stop and the delay time will begin counting down. The delay indicator will remain lit until the delay time has counted down.
- The cycle will automatically start as soon as the delay time expires.
NOTE: If Start/Resume pad is not pressed, within 30 seconds after the cycles and options are set, the dishwasher will turn off.
To cancel a delay:
When the delay is counting down, press the Delay pad again. The indicator light will go out and the cycle will immediately start or resume.
To cancel a delay and the cycle:
- Press Cancel/Drain pad once to drain and turn off the dishwasher.
- Press Cancel/Drain pad twice to turn off the dishwasher without draining.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.