Are the controls set correctly for the surrounding conditions?
Temperature controls are preset at the factory to the "mid setting," which should be correct for regular household use. The controls are set correctly when beverages are as cold as you would like.
- If you need to adjust the temperature, wait at least 24 hours between adjustments, and then recheck the temperature.
- To make the Refrigerator colder, adjust the control to the next higher setting. To make the Refrigerator less cold, adjust the control to the next lower setting.
- Repeat this process until the desired temperature is reached
NOTE: Since control panels vary by Refrigerator type, please see your Owner's Manual for specific information on your model.
Is the airflow control set correctly?
The Airflow control is located on the back wall of the freezer. It regulates the amount of air flowing between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. When you plug in the refrigerator for the first time, turn the Airflow control to the Recommended setting.
If you want to temporarily increase the cold airflow to a specific compartment, adjust the control. IMPORTANT: Once the performance is achieved, return the Airflow control to the Recommended setting to keep the refrigerator operating at optimum efficiency.
Are the air vents blocked?
To ensure proper temperature, you need to allow room for adequate airflow between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. Cold air enters and exits the refrigerator compartment from the freezer compartment through vents. Depending on your model, these vents are in different locations. If the freezer vent is blocked, cold air will be trapped in the freezer, and the freezer might be too cold.
- Locate the vents in both the freezer and refrigerator compartments and ensure that nothing is blocking the airflow.
- If vents are blocked, airflow will decrease. Temperature and moisture issues may arise due to blocked vents.
CLICK HERE for additional information on airflow
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.